• Leading the EIA Team and communicating among them.
• Preparation of TOR application by obtaining necessary information and documents from Project proponent.
• To extend help to the team members in timely preparation of half-yearly EC Compliance reportswith proper justification of EC points of various clients.
• To assist in the recruitment of new staff and to be responsible for the induction of new staff. All new staff should be appropriately trained, monitored, supported and assessed. To be responsible for the day to day management of all members of the department.
• To establish common standards of practice and to encourage the sharing of good practice within the section and develop the effectiveness of work environment.
• Imparting time to time internal training to the Lab staff and EIA Dept new comers to ensure that the department is up to date with the implementation of latest developments as per the Laboratory standards and NABL/ MoEF&CC requirements/ Environmental Notifications and rules.
• To be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety policy and implement it as applicable within the Microbiology section. To ensure that Health and Safety policies and practices, including Risk Assessments, throughout the Section are in-line with national requirements and are updated where necessary.
• Preparation and timely updating of Standard Operating Procedures as per standards for all test parameters and Quality control SOPs for implementing GLP.
• Preparation of various formats for recording the daily activities. And implementation and supervision of the same.
• Scheduling technical requirements of Laboratory Management System (such as ILC, PT participation, Retesting, Replicate testing, trainings as needed
• Submission of quarterly report of analysis to MoEF&CC.
• Assisting as Dy. Quality Manager to Quality Manager.
• Purchasing of electronic IS for BIS website, as required.
• Preparation of budgetary offer for providing EC consultancy services to project proponent.
• Interaction with Project proponent.
• Project site visit (for existing unit) and client data collection for preparing TOR Application (Form-1 and Pre-feasibility report).
• Preparation of power point presentation of TOR/ EC and presenting before EAC/ SEAC/ UTEAC.
• EIA study as per awarded TOR along with EC and various FAEs and team members of the project.
• Functional area related study, field visit and FAE input preparation for drafting of EIA report.
• Submission of EIA Report, Preparation of presentation in a presentable manner, and presenting before EAC/ SEAC.
• Preparation and reply to the EDS/ ADS and any legal queries.
• Timely reporting to NABET. Communication with NABET and keeping track of accreditation cycle.