1) TECHNICAL MANAGER
• In-charge of the day-to-day functioning of lab.
• Carry out test strictly as per standard test methods.
• Ensuring technical validity of results.
• Control of calibration of test equipment, standards & reference materials.
• Preventive maintenance of test equipment & apparatus.
• Effectiveness in functioning of lab.
• Estimation of uncertainty in measurement.
• Control of test data.
• Ensure participation in Inter-lab comparison & proficiency testing.
• Identification, monitoring & maintaining lab environmental conditions.
• Ensure confidentiality of customer information & proprietary rights.
• Planning day-to -day lab activities.
• To conduct all cross checks, quality control checks, repeatability tests and to initiate appropriate corrections / corrective actions in case of nonconforming calibration work / undesirable situations.
• Controlling of records pertaining to the activities in technical department.
• Where applicable, carry out in-house calibration of test equipment.
• Ensuring adequate training of the personnel under control.
• Ensure proper health, safety & housekeeping in the lab.
• Reviewing the reports of internal / external audits & minutes of MRM to ensure timely completion of actions pertaining to the technical department.
• Authorized to handle all test equipment & standards.
• To select, approve and commission test methods.
• He shall act as Authorized signatory for Test Reports.
• He shall provide opinions & interpretations of test results on test reports whenever required.
• To assign Technical Assistant for testing work.
• To review the nonconforming test work.
• To initiate appropriate resolution / corrective / preventive actions in the case of complaints, to communicate with the customer as required.
• To assess training imparted to the technical staff.
• Member of MRM.
2) QUALITY MANAGER
• To ensure that management system is always implemented and followed.
• To control the management system documentation and its changes.
• To monitor and control management reviews and post management review activities.
• To plan, organize record and analyze internal audits.
• To report the internal / external audits to Managing Director.
• To follow up on timely closing of findings of the internal /external audits.
• To monitor corrective & preventive actions.
• To emphasize need of maintaining confidentiality.
• To monitor and control training activities.
• To maintain record pertaining to the management system.
• To prepare and issue management system documentation and its changes.
• To prepare & issue agenda and minutes of MRM.
• To plan the internal audits.
• To verify and close Nonconformance reports.
• To liaise with the external parties on the matters pertaining to the management system.
• Member of MRM.